Austin, Texas, USA
Lincoln Durham | Independent Artist
"With multiple sweet spots, these drums sing at any tuning! Playing in a 2-piece group, every note is important. Now I can change my melodic intervals while the guitar player tunes! No more lugs spinning loose at a gig from playing the rims. The affects that heat, humidity & altitude changes have on tuning while on tour can be fixed before the guitar player can plug in their pedalboard at soundcheck. Amazing!
And recording? Fugetaboutit! I only have to worry about mic placement. No more chasing down unwanted overtones. They record as big as my 14/18/24 Ludwigs, as consistent as my 12/16/20 DWs & as subtle as my vintage 12/16/22 Slingerlands. Those are all in the closet now.
Simply put: No matter the situation these drums allow me to be me without compromise - you can't ask for more than that."
Hailing from Beaumont Texas, Craig Bagby began his career in 1992 playing with The Groobees from Amarillo. Since moving to Austin in 1995, Craig has tried to play with as diverse an array of artists as possible in an effort to increase his self-taught musical vocabulary. This pursuit has led Craig to play and tour with artists like Lincoln Durham, Nobody's Girl, Jon Dee Graham, Bruce Robison, Kelly Willis, John Popper, and many other staples of the Austin music scene, as well as doing regular studio work.
Craig is currently working with former solo artist Lincoln Durham as a duo and is enjoying the challenges and musical opportunities that come with being in a darkly unique, two person band.
• Joined WTS in 2021
• Toured through 48 states (so far) and regularly played between 75-125 road dates a year from 2008-2019
• Played venues from The Continental Club, The Ryman Auditorium and the Whiskey A Go Go to arenas like the Paycom Center, Pinnacle Bank Arena, and Simmons Bank Arena while opening for Miranda Lambert
• Over the course of his career, Craig has also played and toured as a lead singer, bassist and guitar player
• Was voted "Most Talented" boy at Marshall Middle School in 1982. Go Bulldogs.
WTS Drum Specs
4/4 WTS Artistry Series
• 12"x9" tom
• 14"x12" floor tom
• 16"x14" floor tom
• 22"x14" bass drum
• Satin Black lacquer finish
WTS Artistry Series Snare
• 14"x8" snare drum
• Gloss White lacquer finish
• Dreams Cymbals